Mac LCD and display assembly. Updated 2023
Why does your Mac need an LCD or assembly replacement?
– Could be impact damage when the Mac is dropped or bumped.
– Then there is liquid damage when liquid is spilled on the Mac.
– Lastly malfunctioning due to internal parts breaking because of age or other issues eg flexgate.
How do I know if my MacBook screen is broken?
– LCD stands for Liquid Crystal Display as there is liquid inside the display and when you see ink blotches your screen is broken and needs to be replaced.
– The most common one is due to accidents either by being dropped or hit the screen. This could lead to cracks in the glass and the screen needs to be replaced.
– Screens can also become scratched from steady use and daily wear and tear will build up over time leaving your screen cloudy.
– Malfunction due to inherent issues with some Macs with flexgate being one of them. A black screen and some internal parts will stop functioning or break due to daily use and the screen will have to be replaced.
Is it worth fixing Mac’s LCD or display assembly?
Regardless of the reason for your broken device replacing a screen is costly and some people say you should rather consider a new Mac than replace the screen.
To decide on which option to take to repair or replace you’ll need to speak to an Apple specialist.