Do you need to insure your Mac? Apple South Africa Support
A question which is commonly asked by Mac fans. Should you insure your Mac?
Here are the latest 2020 tips to consider when insuring your Mac:
1. Make sure your Mac is covered under all risk. All risk means that your Mac is protected against in all circumstances.
These include theft, accidental damage, acts of God among others. You always want to make sure you are covered for everything. About 65% of Macs are accidentally damaged by their owners…
2. Make sure you review the cost of your machine regularly so that you don’t have to pay premiums for a product that is not worth what you are insured for.
3. Keep up to date with the terms and conditions from the insurer insuring your Mac. Sometimes they change their T&C’s which could negatively impact you.
We will be providing some additional tips when you are thinking of insuring your Mac in 2020. So be on the lookout for our next newsletter!
Top 2019 & 2020 Apple RAM and SSD Upgrades
Top 2020 & 2019 Apple Mac SSD and Apple RAM memory upgrades
The most popular Apple Mac SSD upgrades have been the 500GB – 1TB SSD range. The most popular Apple RAM memory upgrades have been 8GB, 16GB 32GB and 64GB options.
Apple Mac SSD upgrades have seen a significant increase in storage capacity which is now up to 4TB SSD storage! With that kind of Mac SSD storage there will be a lesser need for external hard drives.
2020 will mark new 2TB & 4TB Mac SSD’s therefore more ZA Support Fans are storing their photo’s, music, and other larger file types on their Mac SSD upgrade.
Apple Mac RAM upgrades have seen Mac performance improvements by a minimum of 30%. Apple RAM memory upgrades specifically improve performance of applications as they provide the support needed by 64-bit applications.
During 2020 we are expecting these performance enhancements to top 43%.
The most common reasons for upgrading to a new Mac SSD and Apple RAM memory upgrade have been:
1. Slow Mac speed. This is one of the biggest reasons ZA Support Mac Fans upgrade to an SSD. Increasing your Mac’s performance with an SSD on average improves performance of application by over 77%, in most cases Mac performance is higher than 77%. This year we are expecting the performance improvement to be over 85%. In 87% of cases Apple SSD upgrades are combined with Apple RAM memory upgrades for enhanced Mac speed.
2. Improving the performance of Office for Mac applications. Believe it or not, Office for Mac applications can reduce your Mac’s performance significantly. This is commonly a result of new sync services and ‘recommendation’ features which connect to the internet when you use them to make suggestions. Office 2016 for Mac and Office 365 for Mac are the main culprits. Apple Mac RAM memory upgrades assist with Office for Mac applications opening faster without the wheel of death or the beachball.
3. Poor Mac photo, music and video editing performance. This one generally doesn’t come as a surprise. Apple have launched machine learning as a feature in the new versions of Photos. This along with a host of new features has caused the Photos app to consume a massive amount of Mac resources, which can reduce your Mac’s performance. Mac SSD upgrades increase read and write performance as well as assisting with rendering speed dramatically improving the Photos App performance. Apple Mac RAM memory upgrades also improve the performance of rendering photo’s, making adjustments and adding effects faster and smoother.
4. Increase the life span of your Mac without buy new. Apple new hardware sales have dramatically decreased compared to Apple RAM memory and Apple SSD upgrades. The reason is simple. If you can get excellent performance and speed from your existing Mac why buy a much more expensive new Mac which is limited in its upgradability?