Apple Mac Repair Requests Week 4 Part 2. Updated 2023
Good day ZA Support Readers
In Part 2 of our weekly discussion, I want to discuss the issues with batteries and what a person can do to prolong the life of his battery.
– Mac does not want to charge
– Mac Battery does not last
– Mac does not want to switch on
The reasons for the power-related issues with your Mac could be the following.
The charging system consists of four components:
– The battery stores power (charging) and provides power (discharging).
– charger that delivers power to your MacBook and its battery.
– charging circuit that converts the charger voltage to turn your Mac and charges the battery.
– System Management Controller (SMC) chip controls the behavior of the charging circuit.
When should you replace the battery
Replace a faulty battery if you receive any of the following notifications.
– Service Battery
– Replace Soon
– Replace Now
– No Battery Available
If the battery in your Mac runs out of charge quicker than expected check the following basics.
- Check the condition of your battery.
- Monitor the battery status especially if it shows that it is not charging.
- Ensure that the issue is not with the wall adapter that is malfunctioning.
- Swap the charging cable with another one to ensure that that is not the problem.
Here are some solutions to stop the battery from draining too fast.
- Find out what is using energy and close anything that is taking up too much power.
- Reduce the screen brightness as well as adjust the keyboard’s backlighting.
- Check and change some of the battery settings as it will show you which apps are using the most power.
- Identify background apps that can easily be switched off when not in use.
- When you have increased your workload it can also drain your battery sooner.
- Poor storage methods can also affect your battery especially if you leave it on a full battery for an extended period of time.
Make sure you treat your battery well and it should last longer. Until next time.
EL from the Admin Desk
(+27) 083 656 8992
(+27) 079 053 9964
22 North Road, Dunkeld West, Johannesburg
Monday-Friday: 6am – 6pm
Saturday: 9am – 1pm
Reach out to us to receive expert Apple support.
Simply complete our easy 2 minute book in form.
Weekly Apple Mac Repair Requests Week 4 Part 3 updated 2023Weekly Apple Mac Repair Request Week 4 Part 3. Updated 2023 Good day ZA Support Readers Here is another bizarre request. The Request The client wants to know if he can pop the swollen battery...
Weekly Apple Mac Repair Requests Week 4 Part 1 Updated 2023Weekly Apple Mac Repair Requests Week 4 Part 1. Updated 2023 Good day ZA Support Readers This week I will be addressing some strange requests. Problem reported My Mac does not want to...
Weekly Apple Mac Repair Requests Week 3 Part 1. Updated 2023Weekly Apple Mac Repair Requests. Updated 2023 Good day ZA Support Readers This week I am going to address the upgrade issue. I will be doing this in three parts. 1. RAM upgrade 2. SSD upgrade 3....
Weekly Apple Mac Repair Requests Week 3 Part 3. Updated 2023Weekly Apple Mac Repair Requests Week 3 Part 3. Updated 2023 Good day ZA Support Readers In Part 3 we will be discussing the upgrade of the macOS and the pros and cons. The Issue I want to...
Weekly Apple Mac Repair Requests Week 3 Part 2. Updated 2023Weekly Apple Mac Repair Requests Week 3 Part 2. Updated 2023 Good day ZA Support Readers This week I will discuss Part 2 Upgrade by fitting or upgrading an SSD Issue My Mac is slow or I cannot...
Weekly Apple Mac Repair Requests Week 2 Part 3. Updated 2023Our weekly Apple Mac Repair Request Week 2 Part 3. Updated 2023 Good day to our ZA Support readers Another interesting request that I can share with you today. Reported Problem My Apple Mac has...