The damage that liquid can cause to your Apple MacBook
Accidents happen but if you act fast you can save your computer from further damage.
What to do?
1. Turn your Mac off immediately since leaving it on while it is wet could cause a short circuit or other serious damage.
2. It is important to dry your Mac as quickly and carefully as possible. First take a microfiber cloth to dab any excess liquid from your device, making sure to dry the keyboard, vents, trackpad, and USB ports.
3. Do not use a hairdryer or rice to dry your Mac as it can cause further damage.
4. Take your Mac as soon as possible to ZA Support to assess it.
1. The longer I wait the liquid will evaporate and I can use my Mac again.
2. When I switch it on after a day or two it switches on and works.
The longer you wait to have your Mac assessed the more damage will be done. The picture is a clear example of liquid damage and what the Mac looks like after a while. The fact is that ignoring it will not let it go away. If not now it will start to act up sooner than later.
(+27) 083 656 8992
(+27) 079 053 9964
22 North Road, Dunkeld West, Johannesburg
Saturday: 9am – 1pm
Reach out to us to receive expert Apple support.
Simply complete our easy 2 minute book in form.
How to find out if your Apple Mac’s battery needs replacing. Updated 2022 facebooktwitterinstagramyoutube How to find out if your Apple Mac's battery needs replacing. Process: 1. Download the coconut battery version from the website. This a preliminary piece of...
Explanation of specifications regarding your Apple Mac. Explanation of specifications regarding your Apple Mac. Core There are performance-oriented and energy-efficient cores. Each core performs its own task and the more cores, the more powerful the...
The backlight on my Apple MacBook's Keyboard is not working.The backlight on my Apple MacBook's Keyboard is not working. When the keyboard's backlight starts acting up here are a few ways to get it working again. 1. You need to check the keyboard's backlight...
Why you should consider ZA Support Apple Experts for all your Mac repairs, upgrades and support. Why you should consider ZA Support Apple Experts for all your repairs, upgrades, and support? ZA Support is a Mac specialist in South Africa for more than 14 years....
Most Apple Macs can run WindowsMost Apple Macs can run Windows. How can you run Windows on your Mac? There are two ways to run it. 1. Bootcamp 2. Virtual machine Boot Camp This is built into the operating system of all Macs. Once...
Funny Anecdotes from Mac Users Funny Anecdotes from Mac Users Dear Readers Since Covid and now Loadshedding I have been looking for humor in everyday things. Here are quite a few strange reports. 1. My cat chased a fly and jumped on my iMac...