The Keyboard and Trackpad of my Apple Mac are not responding.
I turned my Mac on and found that the Keyboard and Trackpad are not responding.
Here are a number of reasons that could be the cause of the Trackpad and Keyboard not responding.
1. It is possible that a recent change in software can cause the problem.
2. The trackpad could be dirty and this can prevent it from reading your movements.
3. When both the Keyboard and Trackpad fail at the same time, the problem may be with just the Trackpad or the Trackpad Flex Cable.
In the USB-C model, Apple Mac the Trackpad or Trackpad Cable is not considered to be a separate part however it is seen as part of the Top Case Assembly, which includes the Keyboard as well.
4. If it is only the Keyboard that is not working it could be that the Keyboard is faulty and needs to be replaced.
Try these steps to resolve the Trackpad and Keyboard issue:
1. Restart your Mac by turning it off and on again sorting out a possible software issue.
2. Shut down your Mac completely after it restarts and if this does not work shut down the Mac and plug in the power supply.
3. Check the trackpad settings in System Preferences to ensure that everything is set up as it should be.
Issues caused by the Trackpad Cable have been seen in both the Keyboard and Trackpad failure.
Finally, if you have tried all the above and still have no joy in getting the Keyboard or Trackpad to work a professional opinion might be your next option. Contact ZA Support Apple Experts for positive results.
(+27) 083 656 8992
(+27) 079 053 9964
22 North Road, Dunkeld West, Johannesburg
Saturday: 9am – 1pm
Reach out to us to receive expert Apple support.
Simply complete our easy 2 minute book in form.
How to find out if your Apple Mac’s battery needs replacing. Updated 2022 facebooktwitterinstagramyoutube How to find out if your Apple Mac's battery needs replacing. Process: 1. Download the coconut battery version from the website. This a preliminary piece of...
Explanation of specifications regarding your Apple Mac. Explanation of specifications regarding your Apple Mac. Core There are performance-oriented and energy-efficient cores. Each core performs its own task and the more cores, the more powerful the...
The damage that liquid can cause to your Apple MacBookThe damage that liquid can cause to your Apple MacBook Accidents happen but if you act fast you can save your computer from further damage. What to do? 1. Turn your Mac off immediately since leaving...
The backlight on my Apple MacBook's Keyboard is not working.The backlight on my Apple MacBook's Keyboard is not working. When the keyboard's backlight starts acting up here are a few ways to get it working again. 1. You need to check the keyboard's backlight...
Why you should consider ZA Support Apple Experts for all your Mac repairs, upgrades and support. Why you should consider ZA Support Apple Experts for all your repairs, upgrades, and support? ZA Support is a Mac specialist in South Africa for more than 14 years....
Most Apple Macs can run WindowsMost Apple Macs can run Windows. How can you run Windows on your Mac? There are two ways to run it. 1. Bootcamp 2. Virtual machine Boot Camp This is built into the operating system of all Macs. Once...